燃烧着的木块,熊熊地生出火光,叫道:“这是我的花朵,我的死亡。”
让世界自己寻路向你走来。
The burning log bursts in flame and cries, --- “This is my flower, my death.”
花朵向星辰落尽了的曙天叫道:“我的露点全失落了。”
“I have lost my dewdrop,” cries the flower to the morning sky that has lost all its stars.
蟋蟀的唧唧,夜雨的淅沥,从黑暗中传到我的耳边,好似我已逝的
少年时代沙地来到我的梦境中。
The cricket“s chirp and the patter of rain come to me through the dark,
like the rustle of dreams from my past youth.
接触着,你许会杀害;远离着,你许会占有。
By touching you may kill, by keeping away you may possess.
晚霞向太阳说道:“我的心经了你的接吻,便似金的宝箱了。”
“My heart is like the golden casket of thy kiss,” said the sunset cloud to the sun.
这世界乃是为美之音乐所驯服了的狂风骤雨的世界。
This world is the world of wild storms kept tame with the music of beauty.
神爱人间的灯光甚于他自己的大星。
God loves man“s lamp lights better than his own great stars.
全是理智的心,恰如一柄全是锋刃的刀。
它叫使用它的人手上流血。
A mind all logic is like a knife all blade.
It makes the hand bleed that uses it.
妇人,在你的笑声里有着生命之泉的音乐。
Woman, in your laughter you have the music of the fountain of life.
弓在箭要射出之前,低声对箭说道:“你的自由就是我的自由。”
The bow whispers to the arrow before it speeds forth--
“Your freedom is mine.”
静静地坐着吧,我的心,不要扬起你的尘土。
让世界自己寻路向你走来。
Sit still, my heart, do not raise your dust.
Let the world find its way to you.
小狗疑心大宇宙阴谋篡夺它的位置。
The pet dog suspects the universe for scheming to take its place.
黑暗向光明旅行,但是盲者却向死亡旅行。
Darkness travels towards light, but blindness towards death.
脚趾乃是舍弃了其过去的手指。
Toes are the fingers that have forsaken their past.
他们嫉妒,他们残杀,人反而称赞他们。
然而上帝却害了羞,匆匆地把他的记忆埋藏在绿草下面。
They hated and killed and men praised them.
But God in shame hastens to hide its memory under the green grass.
我是秋云,空空地不载着雨水,但在成熟的稻田中,可以看见我的充实。
I am the autumn cloud, empty of rain, see my fulness in the field of ripened rice.
太急于做好事的人,反而找不到时间去做好人。
He who is too busy doing good finds no time to be good.
黄昏的天空,在我看来,象一扇窗户,一盏灯火,灯火背后的一次等待。
The evening sky to me is like a window, and a lighted lamp, and a waiting behind it.
我象那夜间之路,正静悄悄地谛听着记忆的足音。
I am like the road in the night listening to the footfalls of its memories in silence.
我的昼间之花,落下它那被遗忘的花瓣。
在黄昏中,这花成熟为一颗记忆的金果。
My flower of the day dropped its petals forgotten.
In the evening it ripens into a golden fruit of memory.
太阳以微笑向我问候。
雨,他的忧闷的姐姐,向我的心谈话。
The sunshine greets me with a smile.
The rain, his sad sister, talks to my heart.
妇人呀,你用泪海包绕着世界的心,正如大海包绕着大地。
Woman, thou hast encircled the world s heart with the depth of thy tears as the sea has the earth.
我把小小的礼物留给我所爱的人,--大的礼物却留给一切的人。
心的门,想要进来呢?
It is the little things that I leave behind for my loved ones,
---great things are for everyone.
你的微笑是你自己田园里的花,你的谈吐是你自己山上的松林的萧萧;但
是你的心呀,却是那个女人,那个我们全都认识的女人。
Your smile was the flowers of your own fields, your talk was the rustle
of your own mountain pines, but your heart was the woman that we all know.
杯中的水是光辉的;海中的水却是黑色的。
小理可以用文字来说清楚,大理却只有沉末。
The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark.
The small truth has words that are clear; the great truth has great silence.
我一路走去,从我的水瓶中漏出水来。
只剩下极少极少的水供我回家使用了。
I spill water from my water jar as I walk on my way,
Very little remains for my home.
向日葵羞于把无名的花朵看作它的同胞。
太阳升上来了,向它微笑,说道:“你好么,我的宝贝儿?”
The sunflower blushed to own the nameless flower as her kin.
The sun rose and smiled on it, saying, “Are you well, my darling?”
云把水倒在河的水杯里,它们自己却藏在远山之中。
The clouds fill the watercups of the river, hiding themselves in the distant hills.
“谁如命运似的催着我向前走呢?”
“那是我自己,在身背后大跨步走着。”
“Who drives me forward like fate?”
“The Myself striding on my back.”
或者你在工作,或者你没有。
当你不得不说:“让我们做些事吧”时,那末就要开始胡闹了。
Either you have work or you have not.
When you have to say, “Let us do something”,then begins mischief.
我把我心之碗轻轻浸入这沉默之时刻中,它盛满了爱了。
I have dipped the vessel of my heart into this silent hour; it has filled with love.
思想以他自己的语言喂养它自己而成长起来了。
Thought feeds itself with its own words and grows.
压迫着我的,到底是我的想要外出的灵魂呢,还是那世界的灵魂,敲着我心的门,想要进来呢?
That which oppresses me, is it my soul trying to come out in the open,
or the soul of the world knocking at my heart for its entrance?
世界以它的痛苦同我接吻,而要求歌声做报酬。
The world has kissed my soul with its pain, asking for its return in songs.
沟洫总喜欢想:河流的存在,是专为它供给水流的。
The canal loves to think that rivers exist solely to supply it with water.
思想掠过我的心上,如一群野鸭飞过天空。
我听见它们鼓翼之声了。
Thoughts pass in my mind like flocks of lucks in the sky.
I hear the voice of their wings.
在黄昏的微光里,有那清晨的鸟儿来到了我的沉默的鸟巢里。
In the dusk of the evening the bird of some early dawn comes to the nest of my silence.
萤火对天上的星说道:“学者说你的光明总有一天会消灭的。”
天上的星不回答它。
The leaned say that your lights will one day be no more, said the firefly to the stars.
The stars made no answer.
爱情呀,当你手里拿着点亮了的痛苦之灯走来时,我能够看见你的脸,而且以你为幸福。
Love! When you come with the burning lamp of pain in your hand,
I can see your face and know you as bliss.
蛛网好象要捉露点,却捉住了苍蝇。
The cobweb pretends to catch dewdrops and catches flies.
雨点吻着大地,微语道:“我们是你的思家的孩子,母亲,现在从天上回到你这里来了。”
The raindrops kissed the earth and whispered, --- We are thy homesick
children, mother, come back to thee from the heaven.
当我们以我们的充实为乐时,那末,我们便能很快乐地跟我们的果实分手了。
When we rejoice in our fulness, then we can part with our fruits with joy.
权势认为牺牲者的痛苦是忘恩负义。
Power takes as ingratitude the writhings of its victims.
夜秘密地把花开放了,却让白日去领受谢词。
The night opens the flowers in secret and allows the day to get thanks.
大的不怕与小的同游。
居中的却远而避之。
The Great walks with the Small without fear.
The Middling keeps aloof.
沉默蕴蓄着语声,正如鸟巢拥围着睡鸟。
Silence will carry your voice like the nest that holds the sleeping birds.
采着花瓣时,得不到花的美丽。
By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.
落日问道:“有谁继续我的职务呢?”
瓦灯说道:“我要尽我所能地做去,我的主人。”
Who is there to take up my duties? asked the setting sun.
I shall do what I can, my Master, said the earthen lamp.
在梦中,一切事都散漫着,都压着我,但这不过是一个梦呀。但我醒来时,
我便将觉得这些事都已聚集在你那里,我也便将自由了。
This is a dream in which things are all loose and they oppress.
I shall find them gathered in thee when I awake and shall be free.
神的巨大的威权是在柔和的微(风思)里,而不在狂风暴雨之中。
God“s great power is in the gentle breeze, not in the storm.
我的思想随着这些闪耀的绿叶而闪耀;我的心灵因了这日光的抚触而歌唱;
我的生命因为偕了万物一同浮泛在空间的蔚蓝,时间的墨黑而感到欢快。
My thoughts shimmer with these shimmering leaves and my heart sings
with the touch of this sunlight; my life is glad to be floating with all things into the blue of space, into the dark of time.
世界已在早晨敞开了它的光明之心。
出来吧,我的心,带着你的爱去与它相会。
The world has opened its heart of light in the morning.
Come out, my heart, with thy love to meet it.
生命里留了许多罅隙,从中送来了死之忧郁的音乐。
Gaps are left in life through which comes the sad music of death.
死文字的尘土沾着你。
用沉默去洗净你的灵魂吧。
The dust of the dead words clings to thee.
Wash thy soul with silence.
我有群星在天上,
但是,唉,我屋里的小灯却没有点亮。
I have my stars in the sky.
But oh for my little lamp unlit in my house.
燃着的火,以它熊熊的光焰警告我不要走近它。
把我从潜藏在灰中的余烬里救出来吧。
The flaming fire warns me off by its own glow.
Save me from the dying embers hidden under ashes.
一个忧郁的声音,筑巢于逝水似的年华中。
它在夜里向我唱道:“我爱你。”
One sad voice has its nest among the ruins of the years.
It sings to me in the night, ---I loved you.
妇人,你用了你美丽的手指,触着我的什物,秩序便如音乐似的生出来了。
Woman, with the grace of your fingers you touched my things and order came out like music.
让我设想,在群星之中,有一颗星是指导着我的生命通过不可知的黑暗的。
Let me think that there is one among those stars that guides my life through the dark unknown.
当我到这里那里旅行着时,路呀,我厌倦你了;当是现在,当你引导我到
各处去时我便爱上你,与你结婚了。
When I travelled to here and to there, I was tired of thee, O Road,
but now when thou leadest me to everywhere I am wedded to thee in love.
真理穿了衣裳,觉得事实太拘束了。
在想象中,她却转动得很舒畅。
Truth in her dress finds facts too tight.
In fiction she moves with ease.
时间是变化的财富。时钟模仿它,却只有变化而无财富。
Time is the wealth of change, but the clock in its parody makes it mere change and no wealth.
文字对工作说道:“我惭愧我的空虚。”
工作对文字说道:“当我看见你的时,我便知道我是怎样地贫乏了。”
I am ashamed of my emptiness, said the Word to the Work.
I know how poor I am when I see you, said the Work to the Word.
海呀,你这暴风雨的孤寂的新妇呀,你虽掀起波浪追随你的情人,但是无用呀。
Thou raisest thy waves vainly to follow thy lover, O sea, thou lonely bride of the storm.
子夜的风雨,如一个巨大的孩子,在不合时宜的黑夜里醒来,开始游喜和喧闹。
Storm of midnight, like a giant child awakened in the untimely dark, has begun to play and shout.
阴雨的黄昏,风无休止地吹着。
我看着摇曳的树枝,想念万物的伟大。
This rainy evening the wind is restless.
I look at the swaying branches and ponder over the greatness of all things.
埋在地下的树根使树枝产生果实,却不要什么报酬。
The roots below the earth claim no rewards for making the branches fruitful.
绿叶恋爱时便成了花。
花崇拜时便成了果实。
The leaf becomes flower when it loves.
The flower becomes fruit when it worships.
闲暇在动作时便是工作。
静止的海水荡动时便成波涛。
Leisure in its activity is work.
The stillness of the sea stirs in waves.
我听见有些东西在我心的忧闷后面萧萧作响,--我不能看见它们。
I hear some rustle of things behind my sadness of heart, ---I cannot see them.
如果你把所有的错误都关在门外时,真理也要被关在门外面了。
If you shut your door to all errors truth will be shut out.
“可能”问“不可能”道:
“你住在什么地方呢?”
它回答道:“在那无能为力者的梦境里。”
Asks the Possible to the Impossible,
Where is your dwelling-place?
In the dreams of the impotent, comes the answer.
如果你不等待着要说出完全的真理,那末把真话说出来是很容易的。
To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth.
蜜蜂从花中啜蜜,离开时营营地道谢。
浮华的蝴蝶却相信花是应该向它道谢的。
Bees sip honey from flowers and hum their thanks when they leave.
The gaudy butterfly is sure that the flowers owe thanks to him.
不是槌的打击,乃是水的载歌载舞,使鹅卵石臻于完美。
Not hammer-strokes, but dance of the water sings the pebbles into perfection.
伟人是一个天生的孩子,当他死时,他把他的伟大的孩提时代给了世界。
The great is a born child; when he dies he gives his great childhood to the world.
夜对太阳说道:“在月亮中,你送了你的情书给我。”
“我已在绿草上留下了我的流着泪点的回答了。”
“In the moon thou sendest thy love letters to me,“ said the night to the sun.
“I leave my answers in tears upon the grass.”
鸟以为把鱼举在空中是一种慈善的举动。
The bird thinks it is an act of kindness to give the fish a life in the air.
亲爱的朋友呀,当我静听着海涛时,我好几次在暮色深沉的黄昏里,在这个海岸上,感到你的伟大思想的沉默了。
Dear friend, I feel the silence of your great thoughts of many a deepening eventide on this beach when I listen to these waves.
我把在那些已逝去的世界上的繁荣带到我的世界上来。
I carry in my world that flourishes the worlds that have failed.
黑夜呀,我感觉到你的美了。你的美如一个可爱的妇人,当她把灯灭了的时候。
I feel thy beauty, dark night, like that of the loved woman when she has put out the lamp.
夜与逝去的日子接吻,轻轻地在他耳旁说道:“我是死,是你的母亲。我就要给你以新的生命。
The night kisses the fading day whispering to his ear, I am death, your mother. I am to give you fresh birth.
梦是一个一定要谈话的妻子。
睡眠是一个默默忍受的丈夫。
Dream is a wife who must talk,
Sleep is a husband who silently suffers.
绿草是无愧于它所生长的伟大世界的。
the grass-blade is worthy of the great world where it grows.
今天大地在太阳光里向我营营哼鸣,象一个织着布的妇人,用一种已经被忘却的语言,哼着一些古代的歌曲。
The earth hums to me today in the sun, like a woman at her spinning, some ballad of the ancient time in a forgotten tongue.
权势以它的恶行自夸,落下的黄叶与浮游的云片却在笑它。
The power that boasts of its mischiefs is laughed at by the yellow leaves that fall, and clouds that pass by.
道路虽然拥挤,却是寂寞的,因为它是不被爱的。
The road is lonely in its crowd for it is not loved.
山峰如群儿之喧嚷,举起他们的双臂,想去捉天上的星星。
The hills are like shouts of children who raise their arms, trying to catch stars.
太阳只穿一件朴素的光衣,白云却披了灿烂的裙裾。
The sun has his simple rode of light. The clouds are decked with gorgeousness.
终止于衰竭是“死亡”,但“圆满”却终止于无穷。
That which ends in exhaustion is death, but the perfect ending is in the endless.
人走进喧哗的群众里去,为的是要淹没他自己的沉默的呼号。
Man goes into the noisy crowed to drown his own clamour of silence.
我投射我自己的影子在我的路上,因为我有一盏还没有燃点起来的明灯。
I cast my own shadow upon my path, because I have a lamp that has not been lighted.
当富贵利达的人夸说他得到神的特别恩惠时,上帝却羞了。
God is ashamed when the prosperous boasts of His special favour.
回声嘲笑她的原声,以证明她是原声。
The echo mocks her origin to prove she is the original.
无名的日子的感触,攀缘在我的心上,正象那绿色的苔藓,攀缘在老树的周身。
The touch of the nameless days clings to my heart like mosses round the old tree.